The Christmas Crib is placed at and over the War Memorial Site at the city’s Memorial Park, immediately behind St. Therese Church. In 1998 it was suggested that the City decorate the tall spruce tree next to the Crib. The tree stands 95 feet and has been lit every Christmas since. The City, through the help of the local businesses and taxpayer dollars, purchased new life-size figures for the Crib. Bishop Mulloy Knights of Columbus #1301 was one of the original sponsors. Their sign continues to be displayed each year. Annually, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the City dedicates the Christmas Crib and asks one of the Priests or one of our Deacons from St. Therese to bless the Crib. Both will remain up and hopefully, the Crib and tree will remain on until after the Epiphany. All attending sing Christmas Carols and counts down from 10 to 1 and the switch is thrown to light the Christmas Crib and the Tree. This year, in a downpour, we had 47 individuals with many children in attendance. Typically, Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive on one of our fire trucks for the kids. Afterward, all walk across the street to the VFW for hot cocoa and a visit with Santa.